Book Donations to the “Frontier College Free Books Program”
Frontier College welcomes donations of books and other reading materials to the Frontier College Free Books Program. These donated books are distributed at no cost to:
- learners in low-income communities who have limited financial means to purchase books
- learners living in isolated and remote communities with minimal access to books
“In middle class neighbourhoods, the average house has 13 children’s books per child, while in low-income neighbourhoods the ratio is 1 children’s book for every 30 children” (Neuman & Dickinson, 2007).
Further, research also shows that access to books and the amount of reading done at home is positively co-related to higher literacy skills and success at school.
Ways to support the “Frontier College Free Books Program”
- Booksellers & Publishers: Donate unsold returns/remainders and books with minor damage/misprint that are unsuitable for retail.
- Schools/Workplaces: Organize a book drive at your school, workplace, event, place of worship, etc.
- Individuals: Donate gently-used books that you or your children have finished reading or which your baby/toddler has outgrown. We also welcome donations of unused bookstore gift cards.
We accept new and gently-used books (fiction and non-fiction), particularly materials for babies/toddlers, children and youth. Gently-used books should have minimal damage/wearing and be no older than 5 years. Regrettably, we do not accept textbooks at this time.
For further enquiries regarding making book donations or drop-off locations, please contact:
Email: email@example.com or
Tel: 1800-555-6523 ext. 317
Other In-kind donations
If you would like to inquire about making an in-kind donation to Frontier College of something other than books and/or reading material, please contact us for more information.