Each Frontier College program works with volunteers in different ways. However, in all of our programs, you can expect:
- An application - to let us know your skills and contact information
- An orientation - to tell you about who we are, what we do and how we do it. Orientation sessions usually last one to two hours.
- An interview - to ensure that the volunteer position is a good fit for you
- Reference checks and a police records check - to protect our learners. (Note: we will cover the costs associated with police records checks.)
- Training - to help you learn more about literacy and tutoring techniques. These sessions last two to six hours, depending on the program. Some programs also provide follow-up training.
- Support - to help you make your tutoring more effective
- Volunteer Recognition - to acknowledge the contributions you have made to your community