Our philosophy of learning and teaching is guided by the following principles:
- All individuals have a right to learn and a right to literacy so they can better participate in their community.
- We go where people are rather than expecting them to come to us.
- We use a learner-centred approach whereby learners decide what they want to learn.
- We believe that every place is a learning place.
- We value a tutorial partnership where learner and tutor respect and learn from each other.
- We value the contributions learners, volunteers and partners make in the learning experience.